Covid-19 Latest Government Advice
SoloMaids is obviously following the government's updated advice (May 11th 2020) to protect both customers and staff during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Home cleaning can resume and cleaners can travel to clients' homes
- However, cleaners must not clean if they OR anyone in their household have symptoms (however mild), OR if a member of their household is shielding or self-isolating
- Likewise, clients can NOT allow cleaning if they (or any member of their household) have symptoms or are shielding / self-isolating.
- Social distancing must be maintained (at least 2 metres)
We are asking cleaners AND clients to take all the measures they can to ensure maximum safety.
- If YOU (or anyone in your household) have any symptoms, please notify us as soon as you can. Our staff will of course do the same.
- We have always tried to ensure that the same cleaner attends the same clients each time AND (to prevent cross-contamination) that our cleaners only use the clients' cleaning materials.
Specific safety guidelines for clients
- Clients must stay in a different room from the cleaner.
- Social distancing of at least 2 metres must be maintained at all times
...and for staff
These are based on the latest guidelines from the NHS and Public Health England.
- Notify clients in advance of your arrival
- Thoroughly cleanse your hands (ideally washing with warm soapy water OR using antibacterial gel) before, during and after cleaning.
- Where you can, open windows for ventilation.
- Surfaces should be cleaned and then (ideally) disinfected using a recommended antibacterial product (e.g. Dettol Surface Cleaner Spray or Xtra Protect Sanitiser)
- Special attention should be paid to those areas that get touched most often. These include the handles of doors and cupboards, tables and worktops, light switches, TV remote
- Don't 'shake out' dirty laundry or soft furnishings such as bath mats and rugs
- For maximum effectiveness, staff should use warm water (not hot or cold) when cleaning surfaces or mopping floors
- Use disposable or machine-washable gloves. Wash cloths etc. at a high temperature (60°C or above) after every use.
More details can be found on the government website https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/staying-alert-and-safe-social-distancing/staying-alert-and-safe-social-distancing
SoloMaids would like to thank clients for their continued support and loyalty at this difficult time. It is greatly appreciated!